Monday, October 12, 2009

Newspaper Quiz Competition

Today i participated in the final round of the newspaper quiz competition @ K-Web..

In the 1st round, 13 of the contestants had to answer 3 questions each and the top 3 will go into the final. Choose your questions from no. 1 - 39 and answer whatever question behind the number..

My 1st question, i picked no. 1. Surely they'll put the easiest questions in front right? Wrong. Who was the terrorist who got released by some North American government last week as and exchange....blablabla? I was like, huh?wth??! Then, they gave me 3 Arabian names and stared at me as if they are asking me about my hobbies. I stared back at Justin (the emcee), searching for any tip on his face or his eyes (or his eyebrows lol), but he just grinned back at me. (Remind me to give him one in his face later..) Anyway, at the 9th second(we were given 10 sec) i simply shout out the only "pronoucable"Arabian name in the list: Amir Sharif(or something like that). And Justin replied: Awww, that's incorrect.= =

Can't recall my 2nd question; it was something about a company's policies on investment...or something like that.zzzzzzzz

Other questions picked by other contestants were also quite tough, e.g.
Who's the Portugese footballer who injured himself in the World Cup Qualifying Rounds?

a) Cristiano Ronaldo

b) Roger Federer

c) Del Potro
Yeah, quite tough right? How un-LUCKY to get these kind of questions...

Another one:
Which part of Indonesia suffered huge damages during the Earthquake?
a) Jakarta

b) Padang

c) Jawa

Wow, another hard one....= =

Anyway, watched the final of finals on the audience seat until 3.30pm and went home...got a consolation prize of a Taylor's aluminium water bottle and a RM50 MPH voucher, better than nothing...btw gratz to Kok Guan, my friend from group 2.2 who got 1st place. =D
As a conclusion, Taylor's should organize these exciting activities every year to inculcate newpaper reading hobbies in students. = =




No comments:

Post a Comment